Thursday, January 19, 2017

Stuck?! Challenge ... again!

Good Morning!  My grandson  Llewellyn, and I just spent time baking some ginger cookies ... he is such a great little helper!  And he loves cookie dough ... :-)!!


Yesterday I had some time to play with the second sketch that Stuck?! Sketches has on there blog!  At first I wasn't too sure about this sketch, but I am very happy with the end result!  Except for my rookie mistake :-) ... but I'll get back to that!  Here is a look at both my layout and the sketch.

Products:  KaiserCraft's Blue Bay Range, Celebr8 Chipboard, Tim Holtz metal embellies, border punch, Distress Ink, Faber Castell Gelatos, Prima Color Bloom, Bazzill Craft Cardstock, small magnet.

Stuck?! January 15 2017 Challenge
Here are a closer look ...


I painted this a soft teal color and distressed the edges ... Loved how this turned out!


I used a script stencil and the Faber Castell gelatos to add some texture to my background.  Used Distress Ink on the chippie together with some of the paint.



I cut this cute fold-out with my Silhouette to enable me to add more photos to my layout.  But then I made a rookie mistake ... I added the big metal embellishment (see pic below) to the fold of my fold out, which means I could not open it.  Since I glued the heavy metal piece down with hot glue I wasn't about to ruin it all by ripping it from my page.  I then decided to cut a piece to just put in the fold that can be pulled out.  This worked great!


To this piece I added some pictures of the hotel we stayed at in Thailand!

That is it for me today!  I will be back soon with one more layout that was created for a challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by ... see you soon!!

Hugs,


4 comments:

  1. The distressed look on the metal embellishments looks stunning Roulien. A gorgeous page and we've all made rookie mistakes like that. But you found a solution! Thanks for joining in at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, lovely colours and embellishing! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome layout! Love that you added more photos and love that metal embellishment. Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo and page! Such lovely details and textures on here! Creative way to make a mistake into a success! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete