Saturday, January 7, 2017

My First challenge for 2017!

Happy Saturday!!  Today, I have my first layout to share with you.  In keeping with my 2017 goals, I have decided to play along with a few challenge sites.  I found a few good ones, and am eager to play along with the challenges.   So here are the first one ...

I found this site through a mutual friend on Facebook!  And since I am a craft lover, this was a perfect fit for me.  Yes, I am talking about Kraft Plus Challenges!  And here are the January 2017 challenge ...


And here is my take on the Kraft + challenge "On your bike".


In September 2016 two of my friends and myself had an amazing holiday in Asia. We were lucky enough to visit Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.  In Malaysia we stayed mainly in Penang, where the one friends has a second home.  One Sunday we went to the market in Georgetown and also did a little tour of the street art.  I fell in love with these beautiful wall painting of the little children.  I love the facial expressions of the paintings.  This one is one of my favorites.

 I've kept the layout fairly simple.  I modified the background with a mask, texture paste, distress stain and a few different stamps.


The paper is from my "left-over" pile.  These are from Heartfelt Creations "Enjoy the Journey" collection.


Thanks so much for visiting today!  I will be back later this week with another layout or 2.  Have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs,


8 comments:

  1. Good for you. I am doing it for me this year too. I love your take on the challenge. Gorgeous layout. I love the wall art too ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning photo of street art and you've scrapped it beautifully. I like the bricks and stamping in the background. Lovely work. Thanks for playing along at Kraft+ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds like a great holiday.. and what an amazing photo you have used.. fabulous back ground and design.. thanks for joining in with Kraft + this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your take on this challenge, it's gorgeous. thanks heaps for joining us this month at Kraft+ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Kraft Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I love everything about this page, it is perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us at K+

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you found us...this is a very gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ last month, I do hope you'll join us again :)

    ReplyDelete