Sunday, January 3, 2016

One Little Word 2016

Happy Sunday!!  We are having a lazy day today!  Just hanging around ... still in pj's, catching up and just enjoying each others company.  A perfect first Sunday for 2016.

I have decided to do One Little Word again this year.  If you are not familiar with the OLW concept, please have a look at the amazing Ali Edwards blog, where you can find out what this is all about.

I started with OLW in 2011 and did it for a few year.  Last year I just couldn't find a word that worked for me.  And I almost thought the same thing is going to happen ... and then on December 31 ... a word found me!!  The moment I read the word in a Christian novel ... It just spoke to me.  My OLW for 2016 is ...



What does this mean?  Here is a short definition of the meaning of flourish ...


What does this mean for me?  This year I want to Flourish where God has planted me!  For the past year I have basically been "surviving" here in Saudi Arabia.  I've let where we live dictates my live.  NO MORE!!  This year I want to be more active in our compound, attend more functions, meet more people, make friends with some of the local woman and just do what makes me happy!

I also want to flourish in the way I take care of ME!  I have recently discovered that I have very high cholesterol ... This is not new to me ... I have known this for quite a few years, but very foolishly choose to ignore it.  This year will be the year that I will flourish looking after myself and my health.  No more waiting for someone to go to the gym with me, no more stuffing myself with junk food, no more not exercising and no more not checking my cholesterol count regularly!!

I want to be more active on challenge sites/blogs and share more of my designs on my blog.  The past 2 years I have really, really not created nearly enough, not kept my blog active and I have not "put myself out there"!  This is the year I am stepping out ... I will take on more challenges, I will try out for more Design Teams, I will create at least 5 times per week.  I will stop being so critical of my own work, and just enjoy the process of creating!  I will submit my work on a regular basis for publication.  I WILL FLOURISH creatively in 2016.

How will I accomplish this ...

And finally ...


I will create a layout in the next week to document my OLW for 2016!  I'll be sure to share it here!

See you soon ... !!


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful word Roulien...wishing you a flourishing 2016 filled with love and joy.

    ReplyDelete