Thursday, November 12, 2015

It's all about Inspiration

Good Morning!!  Are you as excited about the weekend as I am??  Let me just tell you how excited I am and why!  For the past 2 months I was back in South Africa ... helping my son prepare for his final matric exams.  As you know, he is a "homeschooler" so I really wanted to be here for him and support him in any way necessary.  But that also meant leaving my hubby behind in Saudi Arabia. As adults we make sacrifices for our children, we put them and their needs first, as it should be.  But let me tell you, it's been hard ... I miss my husband so, so much.  But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel ... my husband will be here in South Africa for his annual leave over the weekend ... and I can't wait!!  This has been a hard year for us, with long separations and many Skype calls, but it's almost over and from here on end we expect lots of  "us" time.  And I can't wait!!

Okay, back to a new layout I created and what inspired me.  A few weeks ago I visited a Facebook friend scrapbook store in Somerset-West and my eye caught a layout she displayed,  The colors was just so vibrant, and I instantly loved it!  I knew I had the same FabScraps patterned paper in my stash, but also knew that I never would have combined these paper with the colors Cathy van Vollenstee used on her layout.  But it work so BEAUTIFUL together!!  And this is just what I did ... I used the gorgeous paper and color combo from Cathy's layout, and combined it with a Michelle van Wyk design and printables to create my layout.  I am loving the end result!!  Thank you Cathy and Michelle for your inspiration!!

Here is a look at my layout ...


I used the design from a layout from Michelle van Wyk called "The Love of a Family".  Patterned paper is Fabscraps and I used chipboard pieces from FabScraps, KaiserCraft and Leaky Shed.  All the chipboard pieces was heat embossed with Lindy Stamp Gangs white embossing powder.


Flowers from Bo Bunny and Petaloo.


I love the ribbon border and the Family printables worked perfect with my photos.


Here is a look at the original Michelle van Wyk layout .. I used this design for my layout.


Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of Cathy's layout to share with you, but the pattern paper and colors of the cardstock is all the same as on her layout.  I would have never thought to add the purple and turquoise cardstock to these FabScraps paper ,, but they compliment each other beautifully.   Thanks again Ladies!!

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend ... spend it with people you love and cherish every moment.  Be sure to check back on Sunday for new reveals from Let's Scrap and Feeling Sketchy!!  See you soon!!

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This page is gorgeous!! Love the black and white pictures with all your blue products!!

    ReplyDelete