Monday, June 8, 2015

So it's been a little while since I've been here, written anything, share some scrappy stuff..  Honestly, at one time I seriously considered just shutting done this little blog of mine ... But here I am!  I just couldn't let it go!  It seems I am not a great "multi-tasker" of life.  When things get hectic I just can't seem to find the time to share here.



But now we are back living in Saudi Arabia once again.  My dearest hubby signed a new work contract and this will be "home" once again for the next few years.  My feelings on this ... very mixed to say the least!  Life here is so not "normal".  It's like you live in a bubbly outside of reality.  It's an indulgent life, if you let it be.  But I miss normal things like getting up each morning and going to work, driving where I need to be and want to go, attending church service, going to the movies, go shopping in normal clothes, not to have to schedule what needs to be done in town around the compound bus service or my husbands working hours and Prayer times.  But I also do know that this is a privileged life.  Not paying rent for furnished housing, not paying taxes on salary, not paying for electricity and water utilities, health care, the experience of another country and culture, the ability to be able to travel, meet new people from so many nationalities, to have many hours of creative time each and every day!  So you take the bad with the good ... and you make it the best possible experience for yourself.




Part of the good is that I will be able to do so much more creative things.  And I will have time to write about them here.  I am also planning on changing this blog a little bit ... mixing things up a bit.
Sharing a little bit more about our life here, our family, travels and my thoughts and emotions.  I hope you will stick around, and even share some of your own thoughts with me as well.

Thank you for sticking around here ... even during the times when I am not here.  It is appreciated so, so much.

See you soon!

Hugs


1 comment:

  1. Now that is what I want to hear...I want to "know" the person behind the blog...not just see the pretty creations...I will sure stick around xx

    ReplyDelete