Monday, June 29, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Layout

Happy Monday!!  Since the Saudi Arabia work week start on a Sunday, I had some scrappy time today and I wanted to create a project that was on my mind for a few days now.  My niece Celeste, recently became the mommy of a beautiful new baby girl.  Emily was born early May and she is just such a beauty!  On Fathers Day Celeste shared  a few family photos on Facebook, and I "borrowed" one of the photos to scrap as a present for this brand-new family.

I decided to create a layout on canvas for her to display in her home, if she choose to do so.  I couldn't find 12" x 12" stretched canvas at our local craft store, but they had 12" x 12" canvas board.  It's basically the same thing, just without the wooden frame.  With the canvas board, the canvas is just stretch over a flat board.

I wanted to keep the feel of the layout soft and for this the Madeleine Collection from Bo Bunny worked perfectly for me.  Soft pale pinks and greens allowed me to add lots of shabby chic elements which I love.

 
I really love the little birds on the paper and knew that I want to use this on this project.  I did a lot of fuzzy cutting and only use patterned paper for my photo mat.


Texture was added with some texture paste and Bo Bunny's script stencil ... I am in love with this stencil!!!  I know I mentioned it before but it is worth saying again ... For texture paste I use Gabrielle Pollacco's  recipe to make your own. It is quick and easy to make and it works beautifully ... I love using this!!   You can find the link to the recipe here.

And how beautiful are these Botanica flowers from Petaloo??


And here is a closer look at some of the detail ..





Products use:
Paper:  Bo Bunny Madeline Collection - Madeleine/Madeleine Stripe/Madeleine Roses/Madeleine Allure/Madeleine Grace
Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios
Metal flowers and butterflies:  FabScraps
Flowers:  Prima, Petaloo, Kaisercraft
Lace:  Prims
Sprays & Mists:  Prima, Bo Bunny
Gelatos:  Faber Castell
Stencil: Prima
Jewels:  Eyelet Outlet
Gesso and Texture Paste

Now I want to create something similar for myself!  Project brewing ... Watch this space!

Have a great week!!  Hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment