Thursday, June 25, 2015

Celebrating Kate - Scrapbook Studio Sketch

It seems that I'm on a roll  creatively ... and I love it!!  I almost forgot how good it is for my soul to be able to let my creative side take over ... and just play with paper, glue and photos that makes my heart sing!

Scrapbook Studio has a "Sketch of the Month" competition, and I wanted to play along since the sketch is really yummy!!  More details are available on the Scrapbook Studio blog, if you want to play along!

Here is a look at the sketch ...

Scrapbook Studio Sketch of the Month
And here is my take ...


 I have to be honest ... I fell in love with the doily stamp from the Kaisercraft Secret Garden stamp set ... and I have gone totally overboard using it with heat embossing on the edges of this page.  I'm really on the fence whether I love it ... or not!

The photos are from the baby shower for my daughter.  The baby shower was scheduled for the beginning of July, and baby Kate's due date was the beginning of August ... plenty of time, right??  WRONG!!!  Baby Kate was born 5 weeks premature and surprised as all with her arrival.  Let me just say how totally unprepared we were for her to arrive!  My son-in-law wasn't due to arrive in South Africa for 4 weeks, and so I was very lucky, privileged and scared to be with my daughter during labor.  I was scared for this little baby being born 5 weeks to early.  I remember praying to please let her lungs be sufficiently developed for her to breath on her on!  For her to be healthy!  When she was born, I was STUNNED at how small she was ... and how PERFECT!  She started crying almost immediately ... and I cried right along with her!  It's a memory I will cherish for always!!  I remember while she was placed in the incubator, and the medical staff was still tending to the new mommy, I had a moment alone with baby Kate.  I placed my hands on the incubator and just prayed!  Begging God's mercy, love and grace on this little girl that He has blessed us with!  Even as I type here, I remember the powerful emotions that came over me!  Like I said ... these are moments that will always be precious to me.  And this is how baby Kate was present at her baby shower ... and the shower turned into a celebration of her life!!

I stuck pretty close to the sketch, except for my OCD border :-)!  I also create a little flap booklet on the left hand-side of the page for more photos of the shower.  Here are some close-up shots of the details and the booklet ...



 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doily stamp ... Can you blame me for going overboard??





 The flap blooklet ...



I would love to know what you think about the doily border ... Too much??  See you soon!!


1 comment:

  1. A post dedicated to the goodness of God. Beautiful page Roulien.

    ReplyDelete