Friday, June 6, 2014

Layout Share!

Good morning from a very cold Western Cape!  The sun is shining but oh . . . the wind just cuts right through you!  Perfect day to spend in my scrap room . . . :-)!

So I discovered The Color Room . . . It's a color challenge site!  They give you a color palette each week together with a household item that needs to be used on the layout.  You can also use neutrals like black, white, cream, brown or kraft.

I used a sketch that I also found on The Color Room blog . . . Here's a look at the sketch and what I created . . .


How sweet it is to be loved by you


I used some gesso to tone down the pattern of my base paper, then used a Prima stencil with green paint . . . some paint splatters followed before I glued down my photos and embellishments.




I love these photos of my hubby and our grandson.  It shows the love these two have for one another.  It truly is a beautiful thing to watch and it melts my heart.  It makes me love my DH even more to see how much he love this little guy . . . {she types through teary eyes}.

I have a few more projects lined up for the weekend!  Wishing you all a wonderful Friday and a relaxed weekend!  If your in the Southern hemisphere like we ... Keep warm!!



5 comments:

  1. Absolutey delicious take on the challenge. Well done on finding that sketch and taking such wonderful inspiration from it!! Thank you so much for joining us at HeArt&Soul/The Color Room this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout and such a great take on this months palette. Thanks for playing along with us at TCR-Heart and Soul. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I love the layering! Thank you for playing along with us at HeArt&Soul/The Color Room this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful layout! Glad you joined in with us at HeArt/Soul/The Color Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found one of my old sketches! You made it look great! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete