Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Just Breathe . . . - Layout share

Happy Wednesday!

I quickly wanted to share with you a layout I created for CSI case file 365-6.  For those of you who know me, know that I struggle with the challenges at CSI.  I gave it a go a few times before but never really got "into" it . . . if you know what I mean.  Recently I really felt like I was in a rut with my scrapbooking.  I knew it was time to try something different and challenge myself.  That's when I thought . . . "Let's give CSI another go".  So here goes . . .

Here's a look at the case file . . .

And here is my take on it . . .


Here is how I solved the case:
The Scheme:  I used all 5 colors on my layout.
Evidence:
Rope/jute/twine
Jewels/flowers
Frames
Grid design
Testimony:
I framed my store and used "sea" and "fresh" in my journaling.

My journaling is hidden but here is what it says:
"On bad days like today the best medicine for me is to go for a long walk along the sea.  The stormy water matches my stormy mood perfectly, and it drowns out all the little voices of doubt in my head.  With each step I take on the soft sand, I talk to my Heavenly Father, because I know what ever I'm facing the right answer will come from Him.  And then I remind myself to JUST BREATHE . . ."

Here are a few closer look at my page . . .

I use papers from two different Teresa Collins collection as well as Prima and Bo Bunny flowers and some Bo Bunny stamps . . .


Journaling cards were used to write down my journaling and was tucked underneath my photo . .




The closing date for this case file is 30 June 2014.  More details and stunning examples are on the CSI page.  Go have a look!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE your journaling. What a fabulous page! You rocked this CSI challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I love it. The colours are beautiful and match your mood too I think. I think it is wonderful to have an outlet. Your journalling touched a nerve. Love this my friend. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Roulien, this is simply stunning.you have certainly rocked this challenge. I love your journalling too. May need to take a leaf out of your book and Breathe sometimes!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete