Sunday, February 23, 2014

Some Sunday Inspiration . . .

Here with us, it is a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  We had a power failure early this morning and it gave me the perfect excuse to play . . . not that I really need an excuse . . . :-) . . . just sayin'!

I have 2 projects to share with you - a tag and a canvas layout.

The tag was created for a friends birthday yesterday.  I'm not really a tag maker, but I really had fun with this one, and am thinking on making a few more for those moments you need a quick card!


I used paper from  Bo Bunny's C'est la Vie collection, punches from Martha Steward, the rolled flower die is from Dienamics, and the circle tag is from Tim Holtz.  I really love how this one turned out.  And I know my friend will LOVE it!

The next is a mixed media project.  I am very new to mixed media and really am still trying to find my feet with this.  I saw this layout on a challenge blog and this is where my main inspiration for this layout came from.  Thank you Rochelle Spears for the inspitation!  Here is what I created . . .


I used sticky back canvas which I first sewed onto pattered paper which I have punch with a Martha Steward punch around the page punch, and then this was mounted onto black cardstock.  I used the Postcards from Paris collection paper and embellishments from Prima.  Here are a closer look . ..


I use a script stamp on some of my flowers for some extra dimension . . . and some mist . . .


I use a recipe I found on Gabrielle Pollacco's blog for homemade texture paste.  I works great.  You can find the recipe HERE!  Thank you, Gabrielle for sharing!



I have to say . . . this one is a favorite already!  I really, really LOVE the end result!  I also wants to share Rochelle Spears' layout from which I found my inspiration, because it is just sooo beautiful ...

Layout by Rochelle Spears
Beautiful right!!  I love the colors and all the little details on this page!  The bird is done beautifully!

Now I have a messy table to clean up and some Sunday relaxing to do!  Hope your day was FAB as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment