Monday, October 21, 2013

Strength ... Created for Scrap Africa

Happy Monday!!

Here with us, it is a rainy and overcast Monday . . . and I love it!!  Get's my creative juices going!! Yesterday we attended a new church in our new home town, and I have to say, we might just stick with this one!  I really felt a connection with the people, and the sermon went straight to my soul!  After church, we discovered a little antique shop and spent some time there!  And then later on I had some crafty time . . . a perfect Sunday, indeed!!

I decided to play along with the challenge currently running at Scrap Africa.  For the challenge is all about resist techniques . . . whether you use embossing (like I did), crayons, glue, gesso or any other medium that resist paint and inks!

Products:  Bazzill, Hot of the Press, Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Prima, Heartfelt Creations
Resist is something I'm familiar with, but not something a do much in my scrapbooking, but I decided to just do it!  I picked a photo an theme for my layout and then played around with stamps to from a picture in my head of what it should look! 


I used clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder and after using my heat tool to set the embossing powder, I used Tim Holtz distress ink, and some glitter mist to create my background. 


Challenge no. 22 is open until 31 October to get your entry in!  I can't wait to see what you come up with! Wishing you a GREAT week!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Roulien and love the muted colours, plus the stunning background! A super sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is beautiful Roulien. I love the natural colours. Thank you for playing along with this Scrap Africa challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the beautiful monochromatic look of this layout and the simplicity of the design. The resists effect you used looks beautiful and perfect with this layout :-D Thank you for sharing your layout with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply BEAUTIFUL! I love your use of resist with embossing and those colors are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Roulien... so glad that you got in some scrapping time :) another amazing layout from you and all that beautiful embossing on the background page. It looks lovely. I love the script and your beautiful butterflies. Great colours that are perfect for that photo. I love your attention to detail and that is a wonderful quote. <3 this. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa this month :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely page!! Love all your resisting an your flowers!! Looks like you have def had some soul cleansing. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page !I love it!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous resist techniques and colors, great layout!! Thanks so much for playing with us over at Scrap Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your resist elements work beautifully on this page. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Scrap Africa :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your work Roulien, thanks so much for playing along with us at SCRAP AFRICA. Hope to see you again soon :) How are you keeping?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! Your resist techniques look amazing here. I love your title and photo, too. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete