Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Our Home!!

It's now a month since we set foot on South African soil . . . and it's been a busy month!!!  I'm so not complaining, because this is what I've missed while living abroad!  I missed the mundane and everyday stuff !!  Since this was such a busy month . . . I don't have a lot of scrappy goodness to share with you, and I LOVE how our home renovations are turning out, I thought I'll share a little bit of our home with you!

First let me just say, in no way am I an expert on home decorating, I don't even think I'm any good at it, but I love that the rooms are turning out into spaces we love, and to me that's important.  The first room I want to share, is the main bedroom.  I need a stronger word than "love" to share how I feel about this space my hubby and I share.  I shared a little while ago the colors I chosen, but let me show you today where the inspiration from this room came from.


I found these boxes and books in Saudi not long before we left and I instantly knew this is what I want to use in our room.  Here is what we did with the room . . .


I know this isn't the best photo, but I wanted to give you an overall look of our bedroom!  The room get lots of afternoon light and plenty of sun!  Here are a few details . . .


I finished the wall art today . . .  and yes I know it's not straight, but it's hard to get it straight when your alone :-)!!  I found this quote on Pinterest and my DH and I both loved it.  I used my Silhouette Cameo and vinyl for this.  I had so much fun with this and planning on doing another quote on my dinning room wall!


Some more word art against one of the walls . . .


My dresser and the altered chipboard piece I shared in a previous post . . . still loving it!!




I bought this dressform a few years ago and the larger one in the bottom photo I bought last year August . . . not really knowing what I want to do with it, but now it has a home in my bedroom . .  .

Tomorrow I'll share the dinning room . . . which also doubles as my scrap space with you!

Happy Wednesday!!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, great room!! Love those boxes and books they are so apt for the room!

    ReplyDelete