Monday, December 24, 2012

My One Little Word for 2013

My OLW for 2013 - FAITH
faith noun
*  confidence or trust in a person or thing;  
*  belief that is not based on proof;  
*  belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

I've decided once again to do the OLW with Ali Edwards this year.  For you who are new to the One Little Word concept here is what Ali has to say about it . . .

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
 Last fall I wrote about the power of words and getting those words down when you are scrapbooking. Today I want to introduce you to the idea that a single word can be a catalyst for enriching your life as well as your scrapbook layouts.
Last year I began a tradition of chosing one word for myself each January – a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. 
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2013?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother’s word or your spouse’s word or your child’s word – this is YOUR word.
One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here’s one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren’t ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities."
 source: Ali Edwards blog

I did this in 2011 for the first time and had an amazing experience.  For 2011 my word was Grace,  and I truly lived it for the year, now it has become a part of who I am.  For some reason I did not choose a word for 2012, and it's something I regret, but luckily a new year is looming and I have a word that I'm so ready to LIVE in 2013.

Today I took the time and created a layout for my OLW which will be hanging on my studio wall for the next year . . . 

Products:  Teresa Collins, Martha Stewart, AC, Prima, Kaisercraft
I used this sketch from Amarily's . . .


I love tho work with Amy's sketches!!

Here are a few close-up's . . .






Please visit Ali's blog for more info on her One Little Word project and class at Big Pictures Classes, and leave her some love if you decide to do a OLW for 2013.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and some well deserved cuddle time with loved ones!!


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I'll be doing OLW for the first time this year - looking forward to the adventure!

    ReplyDelete