Sunday, November 25, 2012

Playing along with an old favorite!!

It's been AGES since I played along with the Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenges, and after completing both challenges for November, I don't know why I ever stopped!!  I had so much fun creating these layouts!!  And since it's only 2 challenges a month . . . there really  is NO excuse for not playing along!!  It will definitely put them back on my "to do list"!!!

First, let's take a look at the main challenge for November . . . Challenge #22 - Family Ties and the scrap twist is to use ribbon on your project.  It couldn't be any easier . . . especially in November!!!  I wanted to scrap a page about my DH and our grandson Llewellyn.  The love my husband has for this precious little boy brings tears to my eyes E-V-E-R-Y-S-I-N-G-L-E-T-I-M-E!!!  My hubby becomes this big softy every time Llewellyn's name is mentioned . . . it's the sweetest thing!!!  Here is my layout for the main challenge . . .

Products:  Bo Bunny, MME, Silhouette, 
I used the last of my Country Garden collection paper from Bo Bunny!  They are just to gorgeous to NOT use!!  Photos were taken the first time Llewellyn was at the beach . . . and Grandpa introducing him to the wonders of the ocean!!  Llewellyn just LOVED it . . . the water, the sand, the creatures . . . all of it!!!

Here are a few close-up's . . .




The second challenge from Scrapping Everyday Miracles are the November Sketch Challenge.  Let's take a look at the sketch provided . . .


And the scrap twist was to use a number or numbers anywhere on your layout . . . easy peasy, right!!!!
And here is yet another Llewellyn layout for my entry . . .

Products:  Doodlebug Designs, Bazzill, StazOn, Hot off the Press
I can stare at his little face all-day-long . . . sooooo adorable!!  I love the dimension of this layout!  It really add so much interest to the page.  I used some stamps to add the numbers to the journaling card.

You have until the end of November to add your entries to the challenges on the SEM blog.  I hope to see your creations there!!  Have fun playing!!!



8 comments:

  1. Roulien, how wonderful to see you again! Oh my has your little grandbaby ever grown. He's gorgeous. So glad to see things are going well for your daughter, and her family. Thanks for linking up with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Roulien! Love your awesome layouts this month...thanks so much for participating in both of our SEM challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roulien these are both beautiful layouts. I can understand why you would be so smitten by this little cutie, he's adorable! I love your layers and butterflies (my personal fave!) on your Grandpa's boy layout and your little embellies for the sketch challenge are just darling. I especially like that cheeky little monkey! Thanks for sharing with us @ SEM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love these 2 layouts! such hearts of work! thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layouts Roulien, I just love all the different layers and I'm so glad you are back at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all... just like usual... You know how talented I think you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are beautiful moments you captured! Thanks so much for playing along at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roulien your LOs are stunning! such an amazing work!

    ReplyDelete