Saturday, November 3, 2012

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration . . . Case #43

After I heard some raving reviews of the wonderfulness of the CSI site from my friend Val Thorpe I went and checked it out!  I have to be honest . . . I had a look at this site before and I was totally intimidated by the beautiful layouts in the gallery.  These layouts are elaborate, clustered masterpieces and NOTHING at all like my style.  Also, I'm very easily intimidated with color challenges . . . I always feels that is the only colors one are allowed to use, and I don't always have those colors available . . . and a trip to the scrapbook store is not an options for me!!  But I've learned a few lessons recently and my attitude towards scrapbooking has changed.  I actually wanted to play along, but I also knew I had to be honest to myself and not try and change my style to fit what my perception of the CSI site was.

I looked at the Case File for challenge #43 and actually thought . . . "I can do this!!"  So I did . . . lol!!  Here is a look at the challenge . . .

CSI:  CASE FILE #43
You had to use all 5 colors, 2 elements from Evidence and 1 element from Testimony.  I also used a sketch from Colorful Creations (Guest Designer 29 October - 4 November).  Here's a look at the sketch . . .


and the layout I created and entering to both challenges . . .

Products:  Echo Park, MS, Ranger, Prima, Silhouette, Mr Huey
I think this turned out great and I really love the photo of this little family!!  I think I'm going to try and keep doing the CSI challenges . . . they take me right out of my comfort zone and really challenge me . . . but I sort of like it!!

There's a new sketch + color challenge site on the web . . . Sketch With Color.  They have their first challenge posted . . . please go and have a look and play along.  They would love the support!!


No comments:

Post a Comment