Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Tribute to a Friend!

Betty Ann Orr 
This morning I learned that a friend had died last night!  And I am so sad!  This was one of the most remarkable woman I "knew"!  The sad, or maybe amazing, thing is . . . I never met this woman, I have never spoken to her on the phone, never heard her voice . . . I only knew this woman through my computer.  Betty Anne Orr and I was both members, together on the Design Team and most of all friends on "Let's Scrap" . . . You've all seen me mention Let's Scrap a million time on this blog of mine, and this is where our friendship bloomed!  But it soon became not just a scrappy friendship but a personal one as well.  Betty was a woman with a big and kind heart . . . she loved encouraging us at Let's Scrap, she loved cheering us on, when we had bad time, she's the one who would sent you a message, wanting to know how you was doing, thinking of you, praying for you.  That's just who she was . . . loving, caring, considerate, generous!  What I will always remember of Betty Anne was her love and devotion for her family.  Betty was married to Tom, had 2 boys, and 3 grandchildren . . . and  grand baby #4 on the way!  Her family was her life!  She was the one taking care of everyone, loving them with all her heart.  She loved documenting her family's memories and she created the most beautiful heritage pages of her past.  I know all of her pages will be cherished by her family.  Through her pages they will know just how much she loved them!  Today they lost a wonderful wife, loving mother and a precious grand mother.  My thoughts and prayer are with them all!

And I'm thinking of the Let's Scrap community, where her passing will leave a huge gap!  We will miss her dearly!!  Today, Heaven gained an Angel.  Rest in Peace, Betty Anne Orr . . . you will be missed!!


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO in rememberance...

    Charlotta / La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ok so now the tears start again :(this is such a lovely page and I am sure that she is thrilled with it... Hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute......and very well said......through tears I so agree with it all. On this Thanksgiving Day in the States....I am thankful for my internet friends...... RIP Betty Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. And crying again........ this day seems full of tears but most definitely also full with gratefulness for my friends online. Such a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful tribute! I am sure she loves it dearly! {hugs} from your scrappy friend Mindi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tribute...she will be missed so much!
    Hugs! Jennifer Russell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic tribute...thanks Roulien!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful tribute Roulien. Thanks for sharing your memories and thoughts so open and honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! just like the beautiful lady herself! hugs Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful memories! thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roulien, thank you for saying what all of us are feeling today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and such a wonderful tribute to an amazing woman who touched all of our lives! Thank you Roulien!

    ReplyDelete