Saturday, September 22, 2012

SA Scrapbook Convention - Class#3 with Simple Stories

Last class of the day and I could not believe how quickly the day flew by!!  Let me just say, although we had so much fun, the pace of these classes are really FAST!!  Each class was 2.5 hours long, and you really had to move to get something resembling a layout done in this time.  Amber, founder and creative director of Simple Stories, and her hubby Kevin Crowell, was our teachers for the Simple Stories class!  Here is a photo of our table number and you can see Amber peeking through the numbers!!


We worked with mainly the Documented collection.  This is one of my fave collections from Simple Stories and I couldn't wait to see what Amber had in store for us!!  And she did not disappoint!  Her layout is STUNNING and my absolute favorite from the convention.  Amber showed us how to use the their paper in ways I never thought of doing!  We learnt how to make these really great flowers from punched circles . . . something I'll do many times in the future!!  Kevin walked around the room showing us all on a giant flower how the flower should look like once completed!!  He was so at easy walking around 100+ scrapping woman with a giant flower in his hand . . . loved it!!!!  And just all the little details on these pages was so amazing!  Here's a look at my completed layout for the Simple Stories class . . .


To complete this layout, I've used photos of my nephews wedding, which took place on September 1.  This was such an amazing day . . . I have so many treasured memories for spending this day with family.  And Francois and Chantel is one amazing couple who sparkled the whole day!!!

Here is some details of the layout . . .



Here are the flowers that we were taught to make using scrap paper and a circle punch!!  I love how they turned out!!






Amber showed us a creative way in using the Element paper of this collection to create 3 flaps to hold your journaling and more photos . . . so CLEVER!!!  Here the flaps are open to reveal the insides.


And just like that our first day ended!!  But it was such a wonderful day playing, learning, being together with  scrappers and a wonderful friend, having fun!!  I couldn't wait for Day 2 and all that was install for us!!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment