Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Printers Trays

I LOVE working with these printers trays!  They are fun to create and make really beautiful gifts as well.  I recently made two . . . one was a commissioned project for my niece.  Her best friend graduated in December 2011 as a pilot in the South African Airforce, and she wanted me to create something that Claire (the new pilot) would cherish.

I used one of KaiserCrafts trays, which looks like this . . .

KaiserCraft tray - $24.00
and I have to be honest I prefer the 7 Gypsies one!

7 Gypsies - $17.99
But since I had the KaiserCraft tray on hand I used it together with the beautiful Aunthenique's Genuine Collection for this project. Here is a look at the finished result  . . .


Although I think the green is a little to bright, I love how it make the pictures pop and are a great contrast to all the blues of the pictures and paper.  Here are a few detail photos . . .






The second tray (also from KaiserCraft) I made as a present for my Mother-in-Law.  We are leaving on a 4 week vacation for South Africa later today, and I wanted to create something as a gift for her.  This time I paired the tray with Simple Stories' "Generations" Collection which are filled with beautiful family sentiments.  Here is a look at the completed tray . . .


I have to say the photo doesn't do the colors on this one justice!  Aside for painting the tray, I also painted it with Rangers Crackle paint to give it a more vintage look!  Here are a few close-up photos . . .







Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment