Friday, August 3, 2012

Catching Up with Let's Scrap!!

I realized that I'm very behind on blogging the Let's Scrap sketches.  The last 2 layout sketches was such wonderful and creative sketches that I've created 2 layouts from each sketch!  It always amazes me how each layout is very different although I used the same sketch . . . I just love the versatility!!

First up we have Sketch 7-11-12 . . .


What immediately attracted me to this sketch was the use of a big photo.  Always fun to display a really great photograph!  I used pictures of Monique that I have taken in 2009 during a vacation in South Africa.  I still love these pics . . . they really show Monique's personality.  But I have always struggled to scrap them because of the bright and vibrant colors of the photos!  Thanks to Simple Stories who solved that problem for me with their Summer Fresh Collection.  The paper could have been made for these photos!  Just take a look at the finished layout . . .


See what I mean . . . photos + paper = perfect match!!!  And here are some close-up's . . .





Because of the big photo I wanted to scrap one more layout which I thought the photos deserved to be scrapped BIG!!  In April 2012 we visited the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi . . . what an amazing building with beautiful architecture!!!  I knew that a big photo will do this building justice.  Here is the 2nd layout from this sketch . . .


I had a difficult time with embellishments for this one, and finally just left it with the minimal embellishment.  For this, I've used Authenique's Loyal collection papers.



Let's move on the sketch 7-25-12 . . . and this week it was all about chevrons!  Chevrons are all the rage now in scapbooking, and they are FUN and add so much interest to a layout.  The wonderful Michelle van Wyk did a tutorial on her blog on how to create your own chevrons.  You can have a look at Michelle's tutorial HERE!  Let's have a look at the sketch . . .


Again, I created 2 very different layouts from this sketch.  Here is the first one . . .


These Authentique paper were lying in my cupboard just waiting for the right project . . . and this sketch worked perfectly for this paper.  I love how the paper and embellishment add to the fun feeling of my layout!!






Moving on the layout no 2!!  And I went from creating a fun layout to creating something romantic!


I used Michelle's tutorial to create the chevrons on this page.  I'm playing around a little bit with a photo editing program and must admit that I'm loving these photos!  They really add to give this page a romantic feeling!


I'm so happy with how these flowers turned out!!  Paper are from Glitz Design . . . Pretty in Pink Collection!

Be sure to go see all the beautiful projects the DT and members of Let's Scrap produced with these sketches!  The gallery are full of wonderful layouts!

Happy scrapping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment