Friday, July 6, 2012

This week at Let's Scrap!!

Cheri has a really fun sketch and Michelle van Wyk has a tutorial on how to create the sunburst for the sketch!  First, let me share Cheri's sketch with you . . .

Let's Scrap Sketch 7-4-12
When I first looked at the sketch it was if a light bulb went on in my head!!!  I just knew which photos and paper I wanted to use.  And let me just say . . . it was a match made in heaven for me!!!  If you are unsure on how to create the sunburst . . . which you see everywhere on scrappy sites . . . the amazingly talented Michelle van Wyk shared a tutorial on the Let's Scrap site.  You can see Michelle's tutorial HERE!!

I used photos Monique sent me of little Llewellyn at 6 months!  These pictures of him just melts my heart!  And the one of him smiling with those teeth showing reduces me to a little puddle on the ground!!!  He is just so adorable and sweet and cute ... and I miss him terribly!!!  Here is my layout . . .


I felt like I cheated a little with this layout!  The sunburst on the left hand side are one of the elements from the Simply Stories Summer Fresh Collection.  I just cut it out and stuck it to the denim paper and then extended the sunburst to the right hand page. Here is some close-ups from the layout . . .





I just could not resist to use it for this layout . . . it simple perfect for this layout!!  Everything on this layout is from the Summer Fresh collection.

Be sure to view all the beautiful layouts that's already in the Let's Scrap gallery for some inspiration!!  Hope to see your layout soon there too!!

Happy Scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think its cheating at all Roulien. The paper was perfect for the sketch so why not use it. I love the pinwheels and all the cute embellishments. Your DGS is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing layout and a brilliantly designed for a sweet and adorable baby {just wanna pinch his cheeks, soooo cute} =D I love your pinwheels and the clotheshanger are pretty!
    Hugs!
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete