Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebrating Mothers Day with Scrap Africa and Sketchabilities!!

Happy Tuesday!!  Today we celebrate that our very adorable little grandson is 4 months old!  Let me just tell you . . . he is so CUTE!!!  Every time Monique sent me pictures of him, my heart just aches!!  Here is a picture she shared with me this morning!

Llewellyn @ 4 months!!
SEE WHAT I MEAN!!  TOTALLY KISSABLE!!!

Now on to scrappy stuff!!  I wanted to create a special layout to celebrate Monique's first Mothers day, and  Challenge #4 at Scrap Africa allowed me to do just that.  I combined the challenge with this weeks sketch at Sketchabilities and came up with something I'm very proud of.

Here is the sketch . . .


I stuck pretty close to this wonderful sketch and created this . . .


Paper and wooden buttons - Pink Paislee
Swirls - KaiserCraft
Punches - Martha Stewart
Title - FabScraps
Pins - Making Memories
Ranger  Paint

Here are some close-up's . . .





I found this poem on the internet, and immediately loved it for this layout.  It's tucked on the tag behind the main photo.  The poem reads . . .

Little girls have always dreamed,
Of one day being grown;
Of having a home and family,
And children of their own
As little girls they played the games,
With dollies cuddled near,
Of being grown up Mommies,
And now that day is here.
For cuddled sweetly in her arms,
Of the little girl now grown;
Is the sweetest dream she ever dreamed,
A baby of her own
In all the years of growing up,
In the games that little girls play;
None will ever be so sweet,
As her very first Mother's Day.


by Allison Chambers Coxsey






Thanks for stopping by my little blog today!!  Have a great week!!


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is so adorable and I love the picture of your new grandson! I can see why you are so proud of him and thank you too for sharing the wonderful poem... I am going to save it to use for my daughter someday too! Thanks for joining us on Sketchabilites this time !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the sketch - love the combination of black and rose papers. Looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!!! First of all your layout is beautiful and she is going to love it!!! And the poem is amazing!!! Perfect with your priceless photos!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and for joining us over at Sketchabilities!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the poem!! I just might have to borrow it :) Your layout is stunning, so feminine and soft and GORGEOUS!!! So glad you joined us at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always... love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! your layout is truly gorgeous!
    thanks so much for playing along with Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout and stunning detail :) Love that poem :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poem is great!!
    I love your page.Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is so beautiful and sweet! I almost cried when reading the poem ♥ beautiful, beautiful work, Roulien! ♥

    ReplyDelete