Thursday, April 12, 2012

A very random post!

For the first time since I started scrapbooking 3 years ago, I was able to make one layout to fit the criteria for 3 challenges!  I've never been able to wrap my mind around how to do that, and this one just came together without me having to over think it.  I'm taking the  new on-line Sketchbook class at Studio Calico.  The sketches are created by the very fabulous Kelly Purkey and from this sketch I've created my layout.  Here is the layout . . .

 You Color My World!
Paper - MME On the bright side Collection
Punches - 1" Martha Stewart 
Buttons from my stash
Alphas - Girls paperie, American Craft

Scrap Africa has their 3rd challenge on their blog, and this one is all about rainbows.  You can create a rainbow, use a photo of a rainbow, or even use the word rainbow in your journaling or title.  As long as it is somewhere on your layout.  On mine layout the lines of circles represent a rainbow.  I just love how this turned out!

Scrapping Everyday Miracles April challenge is all about the people in our life's that make as laugh.  My son really is the goof-ball in our house.  He is still such a innocent boy who says the funniest things.  Sometimes just by looking at him, I will have a smile on my face.

Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog today!!  I would love for you to leave me a comment so I can return the favor!

Have a great day!!


9 comments:

  1. One layout for 3 challenges, wow, you go girl. Love seeing a photo of your son Roulien, don't think I've seen one before. And, how great that he' got such character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, great layout Roulien! I love the punched circles and the buttons on them (well, I love all the little parts of your layout, lol) I'm so glad you shared this with SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you were able to do one layout for three challenges? You, GO, girl!! I like how you have the journal circle without putting words on it. I'm such a stickler for rules that whenever I think to use a journal block of any kind I automatically think, "What would I write on it?" If I can't think of something to write on it, I don't use it! LOL The only exception to that rule of mine is my most recent page and the only reason I didn't put any writing on it is because I saw someone else used flowers so I tried it and liked it. I guess you do kind of have writing on it but it's on the little banner thing so not the same as writing it or having it printed on the journal box. Anyway... great job on your page, Roulien!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you are just too dam clever :D love your layout and your blog is just a delight...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with those papers - really great job on your layout, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I love all the circles on your page - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design and the bright, fun colors...perfect title too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is fabulous that you were able to create one layout for all three challenges. Really love your design! Thank you for playing along with us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete