Saturday, April 28, 2012

SEM Sketch Challenge for April

Oh my word, I didn't realize that it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post!!!  Sometimes life sure has the ability to just gobble up time without you realizing it!!  I've been in such a strange mood these last few weeks . . . not sure why . . . but I think I'm miss home and family and friends at that side of the earth!!  :-(

On the scrapping front I've also been quite . . . I haven't done much and even the layoutS I did do, I'm not that happy with.  It seems my mojo is also having a bad month!!  But I wanted to play with the sketch that is up at SEM!  It's such a versatile sketch and the examples the amazing DT ladies came up with is just stunning!  Here is the wonderful sketch designed by the very talented Lisa Hoel.



And here is my layout . . . and let me just say . . . I am HAPPY with this one!

JUST ARRIVED
Paper, brads and butterflies - Bo Bunny's Country Garden Collection
Alphas - Making Memories
Punches - Martha Stewart
Doillie from my stash


These are just a few photos I have with me here in Saudi Arabia of the day my son, Ruan (almost 17) was born.  These photos are treasures to me.  My husband took them the minute Ruan was born!


Here are a few close-up shots of some of the details . . .







You still have a few day to enter the main and sketch challenges at SEM!  Head on over to the blog for all the details and to see some amazing layouts.

Have a wonderful weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Roulien! You should be happy with this layout; I think it turned out wonderfully! I like all the distressing on the edges of the layers. Thanks for participating in our challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way to distressed the paper in circle to follow the sketch in a very creative way! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to "see" you Roulien! Love your work it just has you all over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roulien, this is lovely, those precious first moments photos are so wonderful. Thanks for hanging out with us this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roulien this is beautiful... Lately there have been so many stunning layouts you have created. I swear I see a layout on my news feed on FB and I think oh what manufacture is that and then oh it is Roulien's. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete