Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My first layout for Scrap Africa!

Scrap Africa is a new challenge blog that has just started at the beginning of February!  They have a sketch challenge, and I wanted to support this new "home grown" challenge blog!  We might not live in South Africa right now, but this will always be home to me!!

Here is the sketch and then what I created.


MEMORIES
Paper - FabScraps
Pearls - KaiserCraft
Flowers - KaiserCraft and Prima
Chipboard swirls - Enmarc
Rub-of's - Scrapbook King
Punch - Martha Steward

This picture is like treasure to me!!  I only discovered it about a week ago.  It was taken back in 1942.  In the pictures is my paternal grandmother, which I never knew.  She died 2 months before I was born.  The cute little boy in the white clothing is my dad, who died in 2000.  This probably is the only picture we have of my dad.  Like I said this is TREASURE!!!

Be sure to check out Scrap Africa!  There second challenge is up already!

Happy Scrappin'


7 comments:

  1. страничка просто супер!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful LO! it is truly very precious photograph and the way you scraped it is surely doing justice to it!
    thank you for joining us on Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old feeling that I have, looking on your project! Thank you so much for playig along with us at Scrap Africa! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this layout..that photo is amazing and you are so lucky to have it :) Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Roulien, this is really a stunning layout! I especially love the paper that you used along with all the embellishments! Thank you for taking part in our first sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout Roulien. How wonderful to have a blog named after your roots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your success with the first Scrap Africa challenge. You created a wonderful page with your treasured photo.

    ReplyDelete