Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Week of Christmas Inspiration - Day 4

IF YOU ARE HERE FOR THE SCRAPPING EVERYDAY MIRACLES CHRISTMAS INSPIRATION DAY 2, PLEASE CLICK HERE!!

Hallo everyone . . . and welcome to my blog today!!!  Have you visited the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog today and see the wonderful inspirational project one of the Creative Team ladies have up??  There sure are some wonderful and amazing creative projects being showcased!!

Today I would love to share with you a wreath!!  Christmas is the perfect time to make a wreath to help you decorate your home!!  This is the first time I made one of these . . . and I think it turned out GREAT!!!  Here is my project for today!!!


The wreath form that I've used is store bought!  The paper flowers I've cut with my new Silhouette Cameo, and I've added some stickles to the edges to give them a little more dimension. 


 The frame around the photo is also cut with my Silhouette, add the ribbon and your DONE!! 

For me this is such an elegant project!!  If you don't have a die cutting machine it's real easy to cut the paper flowers with your scissors.  Just draw a spiral shape on your paper, for the rose, make the edges big scallops.  Then cut along the lines that you've draw.  Begin rolling your paper from the outer edge.  If you're creating a big flower, like these ones, use a cocktail stick or something similar to make the inside of your flower really small!  Secure a glued dot to the inside tab of the cut out shape and position your rolled up flower on the glue dot!  Easy and fun!!!!  I've my direction isn't very clear, then I have a little tutorial to share with you!  I just want to be clear that I did not make this tutorial, but it's one I found on the internet, and I thought this ladies instructions and pictures are very clear and easy to follow!! Please leave her some love if you find her tutorial helpful!!!

For my final project tomorrow, I'll have a cute Christmas banner to share with you before the weekend!!  

Have fun creating!!!



3 comments:

  1. This turned out so well - now to try out the electronic method of getting these flowers - I found a cartridge for my cricut, but I've been too busy to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roulien, this is so nice, easy, and elegant all in one. I especially love the photo!

    ReplyDelete