Monday, November 28, 2011

Welcome to a Week of Christmas Inspiration!

Welcome to the Scrapping Everyday Miracles week of Christmas Inspiration!  This is going to be one FUN week, filled with everything "chrismassy"!!!  Everyday one of the DT ladies will be showing of a Christmas project on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog, and then they will direct you to their personal blogs for a more in-dept look at the project they've created.  There are also lots of wonderful prizes from our very generous sponsors, which you would not want to miss!!  Head on over to the Scrapping Everyday Miracles . . . and let the fun begins!!!!!

My turn on the SEM blog will be tomorrow, Tuesday 29 November, but I've decided to do a week of home decor projects!!!  Since Christmas is not a recognized holiday here in Saudi Arabia, finding a variety of christmas decorations and ornaments is very hard and very expensive.  And since we will fly to South Africa just before Christmas, I didn't want to spent a fortune on store bought decorations.  But I wanted to make our home FEEL like christmas, I wanted to have a tree with ornaments and all the good stuff!!  And thanks to Pinterest, where I found loads of fun projects to do, I decided to make our decorations and ornaments this year!  I was surpised at how easy and how much fun I had in doing this!!  Even my DH helped me with some of these projects!!  

Today, I want to show you one of the easiest things you could make!  I found these lovely christmas lanterns/balls on Pinterest, and just had to try them out.


Unfortunately, I didn't pin it to my boards, and now I can't find it again on Pinterest!!!  I've someone can help me to give credit where credit is due, I would really appreciate it!

Here is how you make this cuties!!


*  Cut 15 strips of paper in .5" width and 4" long.  Do not use paper that are very thick!!!  Stack your paper strips on top each other.
*  Use a small punch or your paper piercer and make a small hole on each side (about 1/8") from the edges of each paper strip.
*  Put a small brad throught each hole.
* From the bottom of the stack, twist the paper strips out to form a ball.

Very easy to make, but they look so cute!!  I've placed mine in a glass bowl and they looks so pretty!!

Tomorrow, I'll have another fun & easy project to share with you!!!  If you make one of these, please leave me a message with a link to your project . . .  I would love to see your creations.  And at the end of the week, I might just have a little surprise for someone!!

See you tomorrow!!!!




3 comments:

  1. These are great Roulien, think I might have to give them a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One ornament I didn't try! Off to add another to my homeade tree - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete