Welcome to Day 2 of our Christmas Inspiration Week!!!!
Welcome to my blog, everyone!!! I'm so glad that you've decided to join us this week for some fun and inspirational projects . . . and do not forget the wonderful prizes from our generous sponsors!!! Before you leave my blog . . . remember to find the SECRET WORD!!
If you have arrived here from the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog, you've already seen my little christmas tree that I've created for our home. Here is another look at my project!!
With the help of my son, Ruan, I created a little tutorial to show you how it was done!
Here is a list of what I've used to create this.
* Store bought stretched canvas - 10" x 7",
* 16 paper stips. All the strips of paper is cut in 2" width. For the length, I cut the bottom strip (the longest one) at 4 3/4" and each one after that is smaller with a 1/4". The top on is only 1" in lenght. I really hope this make sense to all of you!!!
* Some embellishments to use on top of the tree . . . A star would look really good!!
* Some buttons and/or bling to use as ornaments.
* Strong glue - I've used my hot glue gun for this!
* I've also used some tulle and rub-ons, instead of giving my tree "legs" to stand on!!!
|This is what you will need!|
* The first thing I started doing was to roll my paper into the round shapes. I've used a pen to wrap the paper around to form perfectly round shapes without creasing my paper to much.
* When you have shaped the paper, apply glue to the edges of the paper to hold them together.
* Repeat with all 16 paper strips. After you've done them all it should look something like this!!!
* Now you can start to position each paper strip on the canvas to form your tree. Add the embellishments and any other touches that you would like to have on your tree and . . . VIOLA!!
It basically took me an hour from start to finish!! Quick, easy and beautiful!!!
Please leave me a comment to this post if you would like to stand a chance to win a gift certificate from Precocious Paper . . . a little Etsy shop with the most beautiful hand made flowers!! I just love Tessa's beauties!!! And if your looking for the secret word, look no further than KNOW!!
Don't forget to share your christmas projects with us!! Just follow the Mr Linky link at the end of yesterdays (Monday 28 November) post on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog to share your projects. We have some wonderful prizes from very generous sponsors!!
Tomorrow on my blog, I will share another christmas home decor project with you!! Thanks for visiting today . . .see you soon!!