Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Back . . .

Hallo everyone . . . Yes, I'm back from South Africa already. I can't believe how fast a month flew by!! I had such a wonderful time back home, spending some quality time with family & friends. But leaving Monique behind broke my heart!! Please keep her and us in your thoughts and prayers!

Friday was my turn to share on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog some of God's Miracles caught through my camera lens. Here is what I wrote:

"Capturing God's Miracles

Hi everyone . . . Roulien here today with some of my favorite photos and memories from our recent trip back home to South Africa!!


It was so wonderful to be back home, and visit with family and friends!! We had a Indian family with us for the first part of our holiday and we showed them some of South Africa's most beautiful and historical places!

We were so fortunate to go to Robben Island while we spent 2 days in Cape Town. I really was the one place we went to that was all for me!! Robben Island prison is where our former president, Mr Nelson Mandela, spent so many years of his live to fight for the freedom of his people. I thought that standing in his prison cell would touch me somehow. I have to be honest and say that there was so many things on Robben Island that touched my heart! We were taking a tour of the Island when we went passed this little white church. My first thoughts were "I these wall's could talk!!" I learned that day that Robben Island was many many years ago a place where leppers were isolated. This little white church was used by them to worship God, and to have burial services for those who passed away because of the illness! We stopped for a quick coffee break near the little church, and I wandered over to take a few pictures of the building. At the back of the church I discovered a few gravestones of those who passed away. These graveyards could not be seen from road. I was reading the gravestones and I was feeling a profound sadness for these people I never knew. One of them particular filled me with sadness. It was the resting place of 2 little girls. I was standing there thinking of the isolation of the island and how alone these people must have felt. Immidiately I was reminded by God of his promise in Deuteronomy 31:16 that He will never leave or forsake those who believe in Him! It was such a powerful moment that it left me breathless for a moment!! Here is a picture of the Garrison Church which was built in 1841.



















And this is the gravestone for the two little girls.












And this is the Lepper Graveyard that can be found on a different part of the Island.












I would love for you to share a picture of something that touched your heart this week . . . or reminded you of God's presence! You can use the Inlinkz button to submit your picture! I can't wait to see you captured miracles!!"

I would love it if you would share your thoughts and/or a picture here and on the SEM blog!  Some great prizes are up for grabs on the SEM blog!!   Also, challenge #8 will be revealed later today on the SEM blog!  It's a GREAT challenge !!

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment