Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Good Scrappin' Day!!

Yesteday I was a very good housewife & mommy! I cleaned the house, did the laundry, made some good food for the kids . . . and today the reward was A SCRAPPIN' DAY!

I had the whole day to scrap! And boy, I loved every minute of it! I made 2 single page layout - Yes, I am a very S-L-O-W scrapper!! But I love both of them and I really love the end results.

I played with Bo Bunny's Learning Curve to scrap Ruan's school pics. At first glance I did not like Learning Curve that much. It seems to me as if it was more for smaller children. When we were in South Africa over the December holidays I had some time to wander around in the scrapbook shops over there, and seeing Learning Curve in real life I had a change of heart and I bought some paper & embellies for the school pics.


Everything on this page is from Bo Bunny's Learning Curve collection!

I love the little envelope in which I tucked the journaling card as well as the rest of the pictures for safe keeping!


The seconde layout is very close to my heart. I wanted to scrap this one from the beginning of January - after I've chosen my word for 2011! For some reason I just didn't find the time to get it done. I wanted to do something that I would LOVE for a long, long time! I got this wonderful sketch at Sassy Lil' sketches which I used to create my layout.






Paper - Echo Park Life is Good
Banner - created with Cricut & SCAL
Thickers - American Craft

Journaling reads:
Grace is moral strength.
Elengance. Kindness.
Gods grace is the influence or
Spirit of God operating in humans
to regenerate or strenghten them.

This is really something I'm trying to live. To handle situasion with grace. To model it to my children. To smile when someone says something nasty. To handle my emotions with grace and not become THAT woman! To handle being without my husband here with us with grace and a smile on my face. I pray that by the end of 2011 this will be a part of who I am . . .

Here in Korea, everyone is busy getting ready to celebrate the Lunar New Year. We have school holidays for the next 3 days (YEAH!!!), so lots of scrappin' time coming up for me. I haven't made any plans yet, but we might go to a ski resort. Monique & Ruan wants to try snow boarding but I'm not that brave. I'll just stay on my feet and take pics!!

May you have a wonderful & blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful layouts. love your use of color. thanks for playing with sassy lil' sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your layouts are wonderful Roulien. Have a great long weekend with the kids and get lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete