Friday, January 14, 2011

Hoppy New Year Blog Hop - Welcome to Resolution #6

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW POST AS THE BLOG HOP POST WILL REMAIN ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR THE DURATION OF THE HOP! THANK YOU . . . AND HAPPY HOPPING!!!

Whoo-ooh!!!! It's here, it's here!! The Let's Scrap Hoppy New Year Blog Hop starts today!!! Welcome to RESOLUTION #6 on the hop!!!



Here are the master rules for the blog hop:(can also be found on the Let's Scrap main page!)

* You must become a follower of each of the blogs hosting the blog hop.

* Leave each blog host a little love (comment) so they know you stopped by.

* When completing the challenges, you must use a Let’s Scrap sketch unless it
is otherwise stated in the challenge. You can find the sketches under the
Sketches 2009 and Sketches 2010 tabs.

* You must tag each entry with the correct Resolution # followed by the Let’s Scrap sketch number you used to create it. It’s important that you tag them correctly as we won’t have time to be checking every tag and I don’t want anyone to miss out on a draw. To tag an entry correctly, there must be no space between Resolution and the #. As an example, if I used sketch number LS120 for Resolution #1, my tag would read: Resolution#1, LS120.

* You cannot combine any of the challenges with any other challenge, with the weekly sketches running from Jan. 12th-Feb.14th or with the Julie Bonner sketch. We are running the Blog Hop for a month so you will have plenty of time to complete all 15 blog hop challenges and Kathy’s special challenges. We are cancelling the regular weekly Design Team challenges for the duration so you won’t have to worry about trying to do them too.

* I know many of you prefer to do two page layouts. If you do, you ­can use one side of a sketch for one challenge and the other side of the sketch for another challenge as long as the side you are using has the required ­­­­­­­­­­elements on it for the challenge you are submitting it for. Make sure to post each side separately
and tag them for the challenge they are specifically for.

* You will get ONE entry for each challenge prize for each single page entered. So if you choose to enter both sides of a two-page sketch for one challenge, you would get two entries for the prize. If you enter 3 single pages for the same challenge, you would get 3 entries for the prize draw etc.

* If you complete all 15 challenges make sure to leave a comment for me in the Cosmo Cricket Grand Prize discussion in the forum so I make sure your name gets into the draw for the grand prize.

* All members including the Design Team, Contributing Design Team, Administrators etc. submitting an entry for a challenge are eligible to win a prize for the blog hop challenges but the DT/CDT’s and Administrators are not eligible for the grand prize from Cosmo Cricket.

* All challenges must be posted in the photo gallery by 11:59 pm (central time) on Feb. 14, 2011. As the members are in many different time zones we will be going by the clock on the main page for the time

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here is my challenge!!

So you've noticed that this blog hop will end at Februarie 14, right??? And being a little bit of a romantic, I decided to host a challenge that's all about love!! But I'm keeping it sweet & simple because I know you all will be super busy over the next month!! For my challenge - RESOLUTION#6- I want you to:

1. Become a follower of my blog (if you're not one already), and leave me a comment saying that you have done so.

2. Create a layout OR card with a Valentine's Day theme.

3. Use the following Let's Scrap card sketch for the layout OR card that you are creating. (If you click on the blue Let's Scrap link, it will also take you to the sketch on the site!)


4. Upload your creation to the Let's Scrap gallery before Februay 14 @ 11:59pm - Use the clock on the Let's Scrap main page as your guide.

5. IMPORTANT: Remember to tag your layout correct. For my challenge the tag will be - Resolution#6,1-20-10!!! If your tag is wrong you don't stand a change to win the prize for my challenge!!

Speaking of prizes! Here is a little RAK I've put together for the winner of my challenge! I think it's pretty YUMMY!!!


Includes the following:
7 Gypsies Victoria 6" x 6" double sided variety pack (36 sheets)
Kaiser Craft scallop Tag Album
Hero Arts Summer art flowers
Coordinating brads
Hot off the Press Dazzles (1 pack flowers & 1 pack butterflies)
Cosmogallery Letter stickers
1m Satin ribbon (green)
1 m Sheer ribbon (green)

Just to start you off, here is a layout and card that I have created with the sketch! First the layout:




This is a older picture of H an me. But the "I love you" carved into the tree begged to be scrapped for Valentine's Day!! The journaling are done on the tags that slids into the side of the photo.
Paper - SEI With all my Heart
Brads - Bo Bunny
Corrugated Alfas - Jillibean soup

For the card I've used Basic Greys Bittersweet papers. The die cut heart is from Enmarc (a South African company).


The next stop on the blog hop is Kristie.

And just in case you get lost along the way, here's the scoop:


Resolution #1: Betty Ann
Resolution #2: Kristin
Resolution #3: Beth
Resolution #4: Cori
Resolution #5: Carolina
Resolution #6: Roulien - YOU ARE HERE
Resolution #7: Kristie
Resolution #8: Bev
Resolution #9: Mandy
Resolution #10: Megan
Resolution #11: Wendy
Resolution #12: Debby
Resolution #13: Dawn
Resolution #14: Tracy
Resolution #15: Amy

Good luck, have FUN . . . and happy hopping!!!

56 comments:

  1. I've been a follower of you wonderful blog for several months now. Love the card and layout you made for you challenge Roulien. What yummy candy you have to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog Roulien, already a happy follower;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute LO and card! The card is super sweet. Great challenge, I hope to play along. I just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this challenge Roulien. Just in time for valentines! Sweet layout and great prize too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just became a follower. Not sure why I wasn't already one. Great challenge. This should be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww....what a sweet LO!! I love the pic!! The card is very pretty!! I am a new follower!!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definately a follower! LOVE the layout, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE is in the air! Great Valentine's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute layout with your hubby! It screams happy love! And I love your card...that heart is very unique! Love the charms, too.
    I have become a follower...surprised myself to see that I was not already one! Happy hopping, Roulien! I enjoyed looking at the pics of your dgtrs. 18th birthday, and your 39th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Challenge and Lovely LO and Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Roulien! There are just no other words i can think of! Love it. :D
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and layout. Can't wait to find that perfect picture of my hubby and I. I always seem to be scrapping my kids and forget about where they came from...us! :O) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am now a follower of your blog. Great site and love the challenge. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge! I love both of your examples!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the LO and I loved the card. Maybe I'll do both :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving all your blogs.. haven't visited them all before.. I am now a follower and cannot see your work more ! ... thanks for the challenge.. I like this one. Have some nice photos of me and hubby I took the other day..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never done a blog hop before, but i'm going to play along and have some fun. Love Layout!
    I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great Challenge! I am going to think hard on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI; I'm new on your blog but hope to be able to create something fabolous for your challenge!

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Romantic! Love both examples!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and layout but I really adore your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute LO and Card. Great resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how your projects turned out Roulien,they are beautiful makes you feel the love. WTG.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this challenge. Like the lo with your picture of the two of you around the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  25. GREAT choice for the challenge! And that LO is killer !!!! Love the card as well. Wow !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great resolution/challenge!
    Love all the tidbits on your layout, so fun!
    I cannot wait to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your layout. I think the photo is very sweet!
    Hope I get to participate in all of the hopping funness!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Roulien, Love your LO and your card. I am already a follower ~ i have uploaded my attempt at a card in the gallery.....LOL. Hope all goes well with your plans for your huge move.
    Hugs
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm hoping the "valentine" concept can be flexible! My page is love themed, but sadly there's no valentine in my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This has been a fun morning, going from one blog to the next, I am learning so much! thanks for this!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  31. What beautiful work....love your sample page and the card is lovely....especially the diecut heart! Thanks so much for the resolution!!! Cant wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are awesome! I love the lock!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the card and page, I love that your Blog has a Christian theme !! Look forward to learning more from you !!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Roulien, I just uploaded my take on your challenge on Let's SCrap...thanks for the fun challenge. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you did with your adorable photo of you and your husband!!!!

    Teresa Davis

    ReplyDelete
  35. The card and page are so beautiful!They are really sweet and so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, I am a follower and I really like your prize too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Roulien, thanks for the great challenge! I am off to post mine in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loved your sketch. GReat layout of you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for the challeng Roulien. Love your page. I have found so many great blogs to follow since I started this Blog Hop....

    ReplyDelete
  40. Challenge is great. Completed and downloaded my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Roulien, ek is so laat om deel te neem, maar het by joune begin, loer gerus in die Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm now a follower! Such a pretty card and LO! Off to see if I can dig up some lovey dovey pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG what a candy you're offering out. I'm a follower and have uploaded my take on this resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm a follower, and have my layout on Let's Scrap now. Thanks for the challenge! I love using the card sketches at layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  45. And here is what I did with it.

    http://api.ning.com/files/TCrFP*45Le1krKq2QAUD4I-vTZzN90u67gm7s62zb98B46Ro1Cuy5wzlXBusu1s4c4LXC7jCW3K0AawYTSzzAZQ*lfabULpz/DSC00441.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  46. Completed this fun challenge and am a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I made a card - hopefully I will remember to deliver it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I got your challenge done! I did a layout.

    http://sherripriest.blogspot.com/2011/02/lets-scrap-resolution-1-6-and-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. We are still in the honeymoon phase of marriage. Valentine's day is also the anniversary of our engagement so Hubby tries to make it special for us.
    http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/valentines-retreat?context=user

    ReplyDelete
  50. Here is mine:

    http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/xoxo-resolution-6?context=latest

    Love this challenge!

    I am a follower of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I posted both a card AND a layout in the LS gallery, Roulien! Thanks for an awesome challenge, and I am already a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I am now a follower. I have made a card and it is in the gallery...http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/resolution6formytweetheart-1?context=user

    ReplyDelete
  53. This was one of my last resolutions...I just didn't know what to do and I LOVE the end result! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Greetings from South Africa. I love your layout! Everything just matches and matches and matches!

    ReplyDelete