Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's Scrap sketch for this week!

I quickly wanted to share with you this weeks Let's Scrap sketch, and my layout. Here is the sketch


The sketch is quite easy this week, but with endless possibilities! Head on over to Let's Scrap and see what the amazing DT ladies came up with!

At this moment I'm totally loving stitching on my layouts. I've recently noticed that almost all of my layouts have either hand or machine stitching on. For this weeks layout I've used both. I did my title with handstitching, and it didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would!! And I love the look of it on this page.


And some close-ups of the stitching:




I've been playing along with Shazza at Soul Scrappers with the SSQ#5 Spooky Spirits challenge. And boy, Oh boy was this a fun one!!! Shazza sent us all a goodie bag with halloween embellishment in, that we had to use on a halloween page. You get points for all the goodies you use in a creative way on your page. I've wanted to take a picture of the goodies, but I never got around to it. Here is a list of the embellies that we received in the goodie bag:

- 3 spiders
- 3 buttons
- a bag of fake spider web
- a black cardstock house
- a white ghost
- 2 strips of pattern paper
- a plastic banner
- 3 metallic pumpkins
- 1 piece of black sting
- 1 goodie bag with a pumpkin on the front

I don't really have halloween pictures, since we don't celebrate halloween. I "borrowed" pictures from my friend, Hydie. The photos is of here 2 boys, Michael and Dylan.


I'm quite happy with the way this one turned out, and it was such a fun challenge to take part in. There will be another challenge like this one in January. To sign up, you have to be quick since they only take the first 20 ladies!

On the home front everything is going great. Just 2 more weeks before we leave for South Africa!! Can't wait to get back home for the warm weather and to see all the family again. And most important . . . I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY HUSBAND!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment