Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I can't believe she's 18!!

Yesterday was a day with such mixed emotions for me. My little girl grew up on me, and I'm not even sure when it happened!! My (not so) little girl turned 18!!


I wanted to make sure she had a wonderful day even though her Daddy wasn't here to share this special day with her! I'm so thankful for technology which made it possible for him to Skype her bright & early to wish her a wonderful birthday!


I made her favorite for breakfast - pancakes!!


and then it was time for presents.


A kiss from Ruan . . .


And one last picture for me before leaving for school!


Okay . . . On to scrappy news!
Today the new sketch at Let's Scrap is up, and this week it's one of Kimmy's card sketches. This one is from a quilt pattern and at first I threw me for a loop! Then I decided not to stress about it and VOILA! . . . The card actually came together very quickly and I LIKE it!!
Here is Kimmy's sketch:
And my card,

I'm trying to work on a couple of other projects as well, but I have to tell you, I'm struggeling a bit. It seems like my mojo is taking a vacation! I HATE everything even before I started! I'm thinking about taking a little break from scrappin' . . .

Thanks for stopping by! I'm thinking about having a little blog candy when my blog gets to 500 on the blog count! PLEASE leave me a little something at the comments, I would love to get to know YOU!

Have a wonderful & blessed week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. I hope that she had a great birthday I love the card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful Roulien, so glad she had a great birthday. I absolutely love your card especially how it looks like the zig zag stich is what holding all the pieces together.
    I found that I needed that break away last month, partly because of wedding, but also because I had lost my mojo. Taking the 3 week break was the best thing I did as now I am back to loving scrapping. So take a little rest and do some other things you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend, You need to just collect your thoughts. Too many special things going on at once. Love your pics of DD birthday. Look forward to your special time in SA for the hols and know that no matter what God is with you. XXX

    ReplyDelete