Monday, October 18, 2010

Scrappy news!

First off, let me start with an apology!! I'm sorry for not posting nearly enough, and sharing all the lovely sketches from Let's Scrap. Life here in our corner of the world is just very uncertain at this stage, and everyone who knows me well, knows that I don't handle uncertainty very well. I'm one of those people who crawl under a rock and waits for certainty to arrives!! I really do want to try and share more with you, but I don't want to post when I have the blues . . . don't want to send you all running for the hills!! So please bear with me for just a little bit longer. HOPEFULLY all will be settled soon, and I can go back to "normal"!!

But let me share some scrappy stuff with you! This week at Let's Scrap Cheri has this beautiful sketch, which I think is so versatile and really easy to work with.



I used some of our Italy vacation pictures to create a layout from this sketch. Here is my take:



We simply loved exploring Bellagio. It's one of the many villages that's right at the edge of Lake Como. From Milan it took as about 1 and a half hour bus ride to get to Como, from where we boarded a ferry. We had a spectacular view of the lake and all the surrounding villages until we arrived at Bellagio. It was just an amazing day with so much to see.

For the layout I used papers from K & Company, Cardstock - Bazzill
Title & banner cut with Cricut & SCAL using Heather font.

Over the weekend I also made 2 layouts for challenges at Sketchs4all.
It's a site I only recently discovered so I'm still trying to find my feed around there. For the first challenge you had to use a sketch that was given to you. Here is the sketch and my take:




I used Bo Bunny's Block party collection papers for this layout. I changed the picture to black & white because it such a lovely picture of Ruan, and I sooooo wanted to scrap him. For the little frame to the left hand side of the picture I used a chipboard piece, inked it dark brown to suit my colours, and I used some rub ons for the "You make me smile" . . . which he does!!!! I loved how this turned out!! The next challenge was also a sketch challenge.




This is such a odd picture of my husband, but I LOVE the picture, I can't explain why, I just do! Once again I pulled out my Bo Bunny paper, this time Jazmyne line. I has such rich colours!!

I'm also in the final stages of creating a beautiful mini album, using a acrylic album from Maya Road. Once finished I'll share all the goodness with you!

Wishing you all a wonderful & blessed week ahead!!

**Hugs**

No comments:

Post a Comment