Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lots of scrappin' goodies to share!

Here in our little corner of the world the weather very suddenly turned COLD! It seems like Tuesday was autumn and Wednesday winter arrived with a bang! Winter coats (which we don't have since we arrived here from the desert!!), scarves and gloves is the things to wear in Seoul! Some serious shopping is waiting for me! Big frustration that is, since the sizes are so tiny, it's a real struggle for me to find clothes!! My husband is also leaving next week for some business trips which will keep him away from home for the next FOUR MONTHS!! I just hate it when he has to go away for so long. Luckily we will meet up in South Africa for the Christmas Holidays. Can't wait for that . . . family, friends, celebrations and the wonderful summer weather we will be having!!

There is a challenge over at Cookbookin Blog with one of Cheri's sketches. I've never done a layout with food pics and a recipe, so this was quite a challenge for me. Also not many supplies to play with, and since running out to a store and buy is not an option, I had to make due with what I have. Here is Cheri's sketch and my layout:



Chocolate cake is such a favorite in our home, and since I was making one as a treat for the children I took some pics. Papers are from Bo Bunny. I used some kitchen quotes I found online and used my computer to do the circle text.


This was a real fun project, and one I intent on doing again real soon!!

This weeks sketch at Let's Scrap will be a favorite of mine, because of its versatility!


Cheri has created the sketch to have a pocket to hold CD's. It can be CD with pics (example a year of pics of your child, school pics, vacation pics, etc) or even a a music CD. I'm planning a layout for Monique and the CD will have her favorite songs for 2010 on it. On the layout I did for my DT work at Let's Scrap I don't plan on using a CD for the pocket. Since the theme of the layout is a little bit more romantic I've written a letter to my husband, which is more private. I'm using the pocket to store the letter, and some more memorobilia from our Italy vacation.





This really is a FUN sketch to work with. I really hope you'll be playing along with us!!

Still staying at Let's Scrap Karien has a challenge running till tonight. I LOVED doing this one, since once again I've never done it before! The challenge was to create a shaped card, and Karien's examples is simply gorgeous!! You can check it out here. After searching the internet for some inspiration, I found some svg cutting files for my Cricut. Then the fun began. First I made this very cute little purse card, which will be excellent for a birthday invitations for a girls party, or even a gift card. Here is my cute little card:


Papers from Basic Grey, flowers is old ones I have in my stash from Bo Bunny. The M in the left hand corner is the first letter of her name, just to personalize it!
I love putting the card together. I've already given it to my husband secretary, thanking her for all the help she's given us with living arrangements here in Seoul.
The other card is a Christmas card which also came out nicely. This one came together quick and easy.


Papers from Kaizer craft and the Noel brad from Hot off the Press.

I'm planning a little bit of scrapping today and tomorrow. We have a "long-weekend" since there is no school tomorrow due to parent-teacher conferences.

Sending rubber hugs your way!

4 comments:

  1. Roulien you have been busy creating BEAUTY! All of your work is so lovely!!! I just cannot get over that Noel card although the purse is adorable too.
    Thanks for playing in the Cookbooking challenge, I love that circle text, I just canNOT figure that out!
    Gorgeous You and Me moments, you do such a fantastic job with Cheri's sketches~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roulien, you have been busy. Love the cooking LO. I am always a bit scared to try the different things, but I think I will give the recipe thing a try! Happy day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have scrapping up a storm, way to go. I love your layouts and cards, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've only scrapped for one year?! I would never have guessed! All of the projects look great :)

    ReplyDelete