Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting into holiday mood!!

After standing in a queue for 3 hours at the Italian Embassy here in Seoul to apply for our visas, we are getting very excited about our little vacation in 2 weeks time! We will be going to Italy, Milan in particular and South Africa for a short vacation. We will only spend 5 days in Milan and we have planned day trips to Venice and Lake Como. From Italy we will be going home - to South Africa - for a week, before we return once again to Seoul. The children will miss a little bit of school, which is always unfortunate, especially for Monique, who has always so much work that she needs to catch up with.
So today I decided to make a travel journal for our vacation. Along with taking pictures of our vacation, having a journal is a great way to preserve our memories. It's also a great way to remember all the little details until you are back home and start your vacation scrapbook. Your travel journal can also be very handy to store small memorabilia of the trip, like boarding passes, ticket stubs and receipts. I buy a spiral bound book (then I have a place to store my pen or pencil) with a good cover for altering. Here is the travel journal that I created today!



I decide to add the scallop tag to create a name tag, but also for the tag to be used as a bookmark. I recently learned how to do circle text on a great tutorial over at "Let's Scrap". Here is a close-up of the tag.


Remember today a new sketch will be available at "Let's Scrap". Go check it out and see the gorgeous layouts the DT members came up with!

Have a wonderful & blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Your trip sounds fantatic Roulien and I bet your family is really excited about their visit home to South Africa.
    The travel journal is a great idea, now if I only traveled I would make one. lol

    ReplyDelete