Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to NORMAL - I hope!!

Summer break has come and gone, the children went back to school on Tuesday, the house is cleaned and the laundry is up-to-date! I think we can go back to our normal routine now! And I want to scrap . . . badly!! I've done a couple of layouts in the week, but now I really, really want to get back to it, and do something spectacular (I wish!!), or I'll even settle for something wonderful.

I'm totally loving doing the DT work for "Let's Scrap"! Since it's my first DT, it's still a learning experience for me, but I'm having so much fun!! Let me show you this weeks sketch at Let's Scrap:

I used some pictures of our vacation last year to the Maldives for my layout:

I used the Summertime papers from Echo Park, which is a newbie company, but they are coming out with a collection every month, which I think is so clever!! I have a order in for their Life is good collection as well! I'm totally loving their stuff.

This week's Let's Scrap challenge is to create a layout by using a timeline. First I was totally stumped by this idea, and then I had a few ideas, one I totally love. I have created 2 layout using different timelines for the challenge. The first layout is 2 pictures that was taken 4 years apart at the same place in South Africa. The first picture was taken in 2004 at a Lion Park near Sun City. It was the childrens first experience feeding little baby cubs. They totally LOVED it. The small child in me also loved the experience. We were able to go back in 2008 and had the same experience. How awesome is that!! Here is the layout:

The 2nd layout didn't turned out exactly how I planned it, but I still love it. It's a family picture and I listed the dates of each of our birthdays and when Herman and I met and got married on a Tim Holtz measuring tape for the timeline.
Sorry about the long post! On my next post I want to share with you some of the gorgeous new products from a few of my favorite scrapbooking companies. See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your kids go back to school earlier then they do here in Canada. Just love all your layouts and am really having fun working with you in the DT positon.

    ReplyDelete