Saturday, June 5, 2010

Discovering Western Bukchon















Yesterday we went on a SIWA - Seoul International Woman's Association - tour to explore one of the older neighborhoods in Seoul.
We started our tour at a 600 year old white pine tree!! It really made me feel small to think how long this tree has survived wars, weather and construction all around it.













We discoverd traditional Korean style houses called "Hanoks". This is beautiful wooden houses with lovely curved roofs.
We visited with a local couple in one of the hanoks and admired their lovely garden. After we had some team we were on our way again.
Summer has finally arrived here in Seoul and yesterday was a beautiful day to explore this culture rich city we live in!!










I don't think I will have any scrappin' time this weekend, but look out Monday for
some new layouts! I'm also still pondering if I must apply for some of the DT calls that's out there! Decisions, decisions!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Ai dame, dis so wonderlik wat jy hier gedoen het. Se├źninge vir jou. Liefde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankie Nolene!! I'm so glad you came to visit!!

    ReplyDelete