Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays July Guest Design Challenge

I was doing some blog hopping this morning and since I love to use sketches for my layouts I was specifically looking at sketch sites. I came across the Sketchy Thursdays blog and the July Guest Design Challenge sketch just grabbed my attention and I knew I had to give this one a try . . . and I'm so glad I did!!! Here is the sketch that's on the Sketchy Thursday site:















And here is my layout for the challenge!



I used some of my older paper, but one's I loved from the start and which I was saving to do something special with. I used quite a bit of distressing on this one - a technique I truly like to use. I distressed and inked all around the outer edges of the page, the photo and the edges of the paper strips. I folded the lace at the side of the photo and then sewed it with my machine to keep in place. I wanted to use the lace to give it a softer feeling. I also used Picasa's "soft focus" feature on the photo to give it a softer feeling.


Since handmade flowers is all the rage right now, I created this one
in a jiffy to com-
plement my page.
I will post photos and a tutorial tomorrow on how I created the flower. It was quite easy and fast to do and I love the result!

Supply list:
Papers - Hot off the Press - Bohemian
Corrugated Alphas by Jillibean Soup
Vinyl Thickers by American craft
Prima

I'll be back tomorrow with the flower tutorial!


5 comments:

  1. Such a cute, cute page!! I love the distressing! Just love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful page! so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the distressing!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO.
    Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your handmade flower! Awesome layout! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete