Thursday, June 17, 2010

MY FIRST TUTORIAL THURSDAY!

As promised here is the tutorial on the handmade flowers as I promised yesterday! Let me just be clear that I did not came up with these wonderful flowers on my own . . . I wish I was that clever and creative!!!! You can find the link to the blog where I found the flowers here.
Here is my version. This is a fun way of using left over scraps from the project your busy with or even scrap that you have in your stash already! Start by cutting 4 to 5 circles, ranging in size from 1" to 3". I like to use 4 circles, but you can use more of less, depending on the project and your own personal taste! Since I am terrible at cutting shapes without a guideline, I used my Hot off the Press Easy Circles template to cut out the circles. Please note that your circles shouldn't be perfectly cut! It should be unevenly cut to give it more character!!




Once you have your circles cut-out, you can ink the edges, emboss them, use some stickles on the edges or even glimmer mist works great to add charm to these flowers. I inked, and embosses some of mine and I used stickles on the green one!

Next you will use the back of a pencil and fold the circles one-by-one around the pencil and scrunch them up a bit to give them dimension.

Now you can layer them and add your bling to finish it off. I love to use buttons and brads with some bling just to make them pop some more!!
Be creative here . . . anything you fancy can be added. You can also use different types of paper. Layer patterned paper with tissue paper, use vellum instead of paper for a softer, romantic feeling on your layout, even felt works nicely!
This is really easy and fast to make, and it lets you coordinate easy with your scrappy project!
Have fun making flowers!! I'll be back a little later with a really, really wonderful father's day project I found on a very creative lady's blog!

1 comment: